Saffron provides housing support and addresses specific practical, social, emotional and cultural needs of individuals who are:
- Aged 16-25
- From an ethnic minority background
- Living in insecure or unsuitable accommodation, homeless or at risk of homelessness and
- Would benefit from low level housing support.
You will have:
- A named worker as well as support from the small team.
- Your own furnished flat on the Southside of Glasgow for up to two years.
- Staff available Monday to Friday.
We can help you to:
- Settle into your flat and get to know the area.
- Maintain your tenancy.
- Maximise your Welfare Benefits.
- Budget and pay bills.
- Keep your home safe and secure.
- Deal with the maintenance of your home.
- Comply with your tenancy agreement.
- Access education, volunteering and employment.
- Reduce isolation and provide emotional support.
- Access other support.
- Move on to your own permanent tenancy.
- The service is strictly confidential.
- All staff have been carefully selected and undergone Disclosure Checks.
- All staff have photographic ID.
- Bilingual staff may be available and we can access interpreting services if necessary.
- Saffron is a housing support service registered with the Care Inspectorate.
- We work to nationally recognised standards.
- Inspection Reports are available on the Care Inspectorate Website.
- The service is funded and monitored by Glasgow City Council.
What does the service cost?
- You will not be charged for the support offered by the Saffron Project.
- You will have to pay your rent (you may be entitled to help with this from Welfare Benefits or Social Work Services).
- You will have to pay the bills for your home.
Referral to Saffron
If you wish to be referred to Saffron you can ask your Social Worker, homeless caseworker, G.P or other agency worker to submit an application.
If you are not in contact with any support agencies, then please contact Saffron directly to get advice on how to get support to be referred on 0141 422 1112.
- Click here to view our Saffron Leaflet for more information on our service.
- Click here to view our Duty of Candour Report 2020-2021.
- Click here to view our Duty of Candour Report 2021-2022.