Applying for Social Housing

Looking for a social home to rent?

Southside Housing Association operates throughout the Southside of Glasgow and provides homes for social rent in Cardonald, Halfway, Penilee, Ibrox, Kinning Park, Pollokshields, Shawlands, Strathbungo and Cathcart.

Our housing stock is a mixture of traditional tenement, mini multi storey, high rise & new built flats.

Anyone who is 16 and over can apply for social rented accommodation with Southside Housing Association. 

Contact us if you would prefer an application form to be posted to you on 0141 422 1112 or via

Remember to include photographs or copies of the following information:                      

  • Proof of name and address, dated within 3 months for all household members ie: bank statement, letters from DWP, utility bill or other official correspondence.
  • Proof of date of birth for all household members moving with you ie: birth certificate, passport, driving licence.
  • Proof of National Insurance Number for all household members moving with you over 16 ie: wage slips, letters from DWP.

What happens next?

When we receive your application, we will assess your circumstances based on our Allocation Policy and confirm in writing the points you have been awarded.  

People 5 3