Reporting a serious concern about a social landlord

The Scottish Housing Regulator (SHR) can consider a serious concern you may have about a registered social landlord. A 'serious concern' may be defined as something that a landlord does or fails to do that puts the interests of its tenants at risk, and which the landlord has not resolved. This is set out in the Housing (Scotland) Act 2010 as a 'significant performance failure'. If you are affected by a problem like this, you should first report it to us. If you have told us about it but we have not resolved it, you can report it directly to the SHR.

SHR Complaints and Serious Concerns Information for Tenants and Service Users of Social Landlords April 2024

For more information visit or call them on 0141 242 5642.

A complaint between an individual tenant and a landlord about our services, or an aspect of our services would not usually represent a 'serious concern' about a landlord or a significant performance failure. A 'serious concern' or a'significant performance failure' would tend to be a matter where a landlords' failure to act, respond or provide an effective service has, or has the potential to have an adverse impact upon a group of tenants or other customers.

Factoring 1 4

Your Opinion Matters Logo