Requesting your own Personal Data

Under UK Law, you have certain rights in relation to your personal information and we have responsibilities regarding that information.

You are entitled to request access to the information we hold about you. This is known as a Subject Access Request.

How to make a Subject Access Request.

If you wish to make a subject access request, you should contact:

Corporate Compliance Officer
Southside Housing Association
Southside House
135 Fifty Pitches Road
G51 4EB

You can also email:

Your request should include the following information:

  1. your full name, address and contact telephone number,
  2. any information used by us to identify or distinguish you from someone else of the same name (e.g. rent reference number, application number, common charges account number).
  3. details of the specific information you require and any relevant dates.

You do not have to tell us why you want to see your information. Before we release information to you, we need to be confident of your identity so we may ask you for additional information in order to verify it.

Can I access information on someone else’s behalf?

We will need to be satisfied that you have the individual’s permission to act on their behalf. If you wish to access information about someone else, you will require their written consent confirming that you are acting on behalf of the individual. You must also submit proof of your identity and there must be a representation mandate in place.

Click on the link to download a representation mandate form. You should pass it to a Southside staff member when it’s complete.

How long will it take for you to respond to my request?

We will respond to you within the statutory timescale of 1 calendar month, starting from the day we receive your request and all information necessary to answer your request. Before we release information to you, we need to be confident of your identity so we may ask you for additional information in order to verify it.

Will any information be withheld?

There are some circumstances where the information you have asked for contains information that relates to another person.

Unless the other person gives their permission, or it is reasonable in all the circumstances to provide the information without permission, we are entitled to withhold this information. Third party information may be edited out (redacted) so that it does not form part of the requested information.

There are exemptions within the Data Protection Act 2018 which may allow us to refuse to comply with your request.

Where an exemption applies to the facts of your request, we may refuse to provide all or some of the information requested, depending on the circumstances. For example, if providing you with the information would be likely to affect the way crime is detected or prevented. When responding to you, the reasons will be explained.

What if I am not happy with the handling of this request

If you are dissatisfied with the handling of this subject access request and wish to seek a review, please contact the Corporate Compliance Officer.

Should you remain dissatisfied with the handling of your subject access request and the review, you may wish to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.

You can find full details about how we process your personal data across the range of services we provide in our Fair Processing Notices.