Home Energy Efficiency Programme (HEEPS) Equity Loan Scheme

The HEEPS Equity Loan pilot is now closed to new customers.

Energy Saving Trust is proud to have been a part of the Equity Loan pilot scheme between 2017 and 2022, working alongside Care & Repair and Scottish Government.

In the closing stages of the pilot scheme, Scottish Government published two reports on the successes and lessons learnt, which you can read here and here.

Care and Repair Logo

I’m an existing Equity loan customer – what now ?

If you are an existing Equity loan customer, your loan will continue to be administered and managed by Energy Saving Trust. However, no new customers will receive Equity loans and although only limited changes to your existing loan will be able to be made, Energy Saving Trust is here to help you through the remainder of your Equity loan journey.

Where is my Care & Repair Officer?

While the pilot scheme was operating between 2017 and early 2022, Energy Saving Trust collaborated with Care & Repair to provide valuable additional support to Equity loan customers. Now that the pilot scheme is closed to new customers and limited changes can be made to existing loans, the Care & Repair Officers are no longer involved

What if I need help with my existing Equity loan?

If you require support after the 31st of March 2022, please contact Energy Saving Trust directly by emailing equityloans@est.org.uk or calling 0808 108 9414.  Energy Saving Trust will not be replicating the Care & Repair service but will provide support where expertise and knowledge allow.

What if I need help with contractors, or financial or legal advice?

If you are experiencing any problems after your loan is settled, please keep Energy Saving Trust in the loop either by email or phone call. Where the Energy Saving Trust cannot provide support in the first instance, the following organisations may be able to provide further advice:

  • The Planning Advisory Service can provide free, impartial, and confidential telephone advice service to help with planning issues.
  • For help on how to resolve third party disputes and financial advice you can contact your local Citizens Advice Service.
  • Depending on the work you are planning on having carried out, Gas Safe, Green Deal, OFTEC registers can help you locate accredited installers.
  • If you’re over 65 and/or have a disability, you can get in touch with your local Care & Repair organisation to seek additional support.

advice 1