Emergency Repairs Contacts
For out of hours emergency repairs contact City Building on Freephone 0800 595 595.
- For out of hours emergency heating repairs, contact City Building on: 0800 595 595
- For out of hours emergency heating repairs at Herriet Court, contact Neat Heat on: 07515 050 368
- For out of hours emergency lift breakdowns, contact City Building on: 0800 595 595
You should give your name, address, contact number and wherever possible a suitable access arrangement. We will let you know if your repair is an emergency, urgent or routine repair and advise you if your repair is covered by your Right to Repair.
If you have made an access arrangement and you are not going to be at home, you must let us know in advance so that unnecessary callouts and costs are minimised. Tenants should be aware that they may be recharged for unnecessary calls. Learn more about rechargeable repairs.
Please take all necessary precautions to protect yourself and the property until the problem is remedied.
We aim to complete:
- Routine repairs within 7 days
- Urgent repairs within 2 working days
- Emergency repairs within 2 hours
A routine repair will generally involve a situation that does not present any immediate danger to health and safety i.e. dripping taps, loose floor boards.
An urgent repair will generally involve a situation that does not present an immediate danger, however, if left unattended has a potential to do so i.e. a minor leak.
An emergency repair will generally involve an immediate threat to health and safety e.g. flood, fire or gas escape. Please note that partial loss of power, for example is not classed as an emergency. The contractor will make safe your repair and may require a further visit to complete the repair.