Glasgow City Council Scottish Welfare Fund: Self-Isolation Support Grants
From 12 October 2020, a grant of £500 is available to individuals who are in receipt of low income benefits and who will lose earnings as a result of being required to self-isolate to prevent the spread of COVID-19. This is intended to support people who would otherwise struggle to be able afford to comply with the requirement to self-isolate.
To be eligible for a Self-Isolation Support Grant, you must:
- Have been required by the Test and Protect Service to self-isolate as a result of COVID-19, on or after 28 September 2020, either because you have tested positive for coronavirus, have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive, or are awaiting a test result
- Be employed or self-employed
- Be unable to work from home and can show that you will lose earnings as a result
- Be currently receiving, or been awarded but not yet received a payment of at least one of the following benefits; Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, Income-based Employment and Support Allowance, Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit or Pension Credit.
You must apply within your 14 day self-isolation period. Those who have been asked to self-isolate on or after 28 September but before 12 October will have 14 days from 12 October to make an application.
If you do not meet all of these criteria, but are on a low income and facing financial hardship as a result of not being able to work while you are self-isolating, you can still apply for a Crisis Grant.
To apply for a Self-Isolation Support Grant, you will need to provide:
- A bank statement
- Proof of employment or, if you are self-employed, evidence of self-assessment returns, trading income and proof that your business delivers services which cannot be undertaken without social contact
- A statement declaring that you will experience reduced income during their period of self-isolation
Glasgow City Council will check that you:
- Have been asked to self-isolate by Test and Protect
- Are in receipt of a qualifying benefit
Apply online at: https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=17160 or call 0141 276 1177
If require assistance to apply, please contact our Advice Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 422 1112 (option 4).