Help us govern the Association
Southside Housing Association is a community controlled organisation. This means that the communities that we serve are actively involved in the governance of the Association.
You can join the association as:
- A member of the Association
- Southside Housing Management Committee Member
- Neighbourhood Committee Member
- Southside Factoring & Related Services (SFARS) Board Member
Member of the Association
Association members can join the association for £1. This allows you to vote at the Annual General Meeting and elect the Management Committee. Votes at the meeting include ‘Good Neighbour of the Year’ and ‘Employee/Contractor of the Year to recognise individuals who have gone the extra mile.
SHA Management Committee
Our Management Committee acts as our Governing Body and is responsible for setting our aims and objectives and monitoring progress in realising them. Management Committee members meet once a month to:
- Set long and short term plans for the Association
- Discuss the effective overall operation of the Association in its use of resources, achievement of aims and objectives, financial viability and delivery for tenants and service users
- Ensure the Association meets its legal obligations and regulatory standards.
Our Neighbourhood Committees
We have 2 Neighbourhood Committees, one that covers Pollokshields and one that covers Cardonald. Our Neighbourhood Committee members scrutinise our landlord services, our performance and help influence policy and procedures. Neighbourhood Committee members meet every 2 months.
Our Neighbourhood Committees are made up of nominated and elected local residents.
Our Committees are elected annually, in accordance with our Governance Policy.
SFARS Board of Directors
SFARS Board members are appointed by Southside Housing Association and has the remit to work towards the following objectives:
- To consolidate and develop the financial independence of SFARS
- To deliver an efficient and effective factoring service to SHA and other customers
- To expand the range of affordable housing provision to south side residents.
Interested in joining us?
Contact us today via 0141 422 1112 or email@example.com