Making a Complaint

We try our best to provide a high level of service, but in the unfortunate event something goes wrong or you are dissatisfied with our services and you would like to complain, please contact us.

We will always try to deal with your complaint quickly.  But if it is clear that the matter will need a detailed investigation, we will tell you and keep you updated on our progress. Download our complaints booklet here or for further information view below.

What is a complaint?

We regard a complaint as any expression of dissatisfaction about our action or lack of action, or about the standard of service provided by us or on our behalf.

Your complaint may involve more than one of our services or be about someone working on our behalf.

You can complain about things like:

  • Delays in responding to your enquiries and requests
  • Failure to provide a service
  • Our standard of service
  • Dissatisfaction with our policy
  • Treatment by or attitude of a member of staff
  • Our failure to follow proper procedure.

There are some things we can’t deal with through our complaints procedure.

These include:

  • A routine first-time request for a service, for example reporting a problem that needs to be repaired or initial action on anti-social behaviour.
  • Request for compensation
  • Our policies and procedures have a separate right of appeal, for example if you are dissatisfied with the level of priority you have been given when applying for a house, you may have the right to appeal against the decision.
  • Issues that are in court or have already been heard by a court or a tribunal
  • An attempt to reopen a previously concluded complaint or to have a complaint reconsidered where we have already given our final decision following a stage 2 investigation.

How do I complain?

  •  Call us on 0141 422 1112 or complete our complaints form
  •  Pick up a complaint booklet from our offices
  •  Write to us at Southside Housing Association, Southside House, 135 Fifty Pitches Road, Cardonald G51 4EB.

It often helps to talk first with the staff member who is providing the service you’re complaining about so they can try to resolve any issues on the spot.

When complaining, try to tell us:

  • Your full name and address
  • What has gone wrong
  • What you want us to do to resolve the matter.

The Scottish Housing Regulator (SHR) can consider issues raised with them about a ‘significant performance failure’. This is defined as something that a landlord does or fails to do that puts the interests of its tenants at risk, and which the landlord has not resolved. If you are affected by a problem like this, you should first report it to us. If you have told us about it but we have not resolved it, you can report it directly to the SHR.

Significant Performance Failures Information for Social Landlord Tenants

For more information visit or call them on 0141 271 3810.

If you are affected by a problem like this, you should first report it to us. If you have told us about it but we have not resolved it, you can report it directly to the Scottish Housing Regulator.

A complaint between an individual tenant and a landlord is not a significant performance failure. Significant performance failures are now, therefore, dealt with through this complaints handling procedure. You can ask us for more information about significant performance failures.

"The concierge was very helpful at getting an Electrician and Plumber out. The service was very good, thank you ever so much"

Resident in Cardonald