The Welfare Rights Advice service provides comprehensive advice on entitlement to benefits, and income maximisation, potential awards, and assistance with applications, and appeals to all welfare benefits.
Other services provided include:
- Representation at Social Security Appeal Tribunals
- Assisting with review applications
- Providing up to date information on Welfare Reform
- Liaising with benefit offices
- Advocacy to D.W.P., Sheriff Officers, and fraud services
- Referrals to Social Work, N.H.S. and occupational therapy services
- Money Advice and Budgeting services
We can also provide help with claiming the Warm Home Discount, and assist with any problems with Electricity and Gas providers.
Suzanne Lavelle, Welfare Rights Officer and Kevin Morrison, Assistant Welfare Rights Officer are available at Southside Housing Association offices Monday to Friday.
Office appointments or home visits are available, and an interpreting service is available if required. The service is free and confidential.
To make an appointment please contact us.